Monday, June 23, 2014

Malifaux Weekend

I finally got to get some real Malifaux experience in on Saturday!

It was quite fun, and a definitely needed learning experience. I got quite a few rules and understandings wrong. I also got to play some highly competitive gamers so I got a unique perspective on how to play. I lost all three matches as expected, however I would have won the last one had an observer not pointed out a flaw in the last turn to my opponent (d'oh! He apologized afterward).

It's a great game, and it's definitely difficult to shake off some notions from my experiences with other wargames, namely making sure not to just want to kill everything unless necessary.

I also got a better idea of what my models can do, along with which models I'll want to purchase next. A good henchman to pair with Misaki is important, and although I knew I didn't really like Ototo before (his model is beautiful, though) I learned to truly not like his abilities compared to other models who are far better capable beatsticks. I got a unit of Thunder Archers to try them out, although I mostly got them because they ooze awesome, and plan on getting Yamaziko and some Oiran next (and if the budget allows, some Monks of Low River).

Here are some pics!






No comments:

Post a Comment