Wednesday, June 12, 2013

First!

This is my first post letting you guys know what this will be all about!

I haven't blogged in over 9 years, so I may need a bit of rust dusting...

This blog will mainly be about wargaming. I mainly play Warmachine/Hordes, but I also play Warhammer Fantasy and 40k as well as my new love Infinity. I have a lot of plans in the making and hope to use this blog as a way of motivating me to stay on target with my hobbies. We all know how much we wish we could get done by the way of painting and building, but life gets in the way (damn you full time job!).

So, I'd like to start this blog by listing a few of my goals:

1. Paint my current armies to 100% fully painted.

2. Build a portable table.

3. Begin using the laser printer to create terrain, templates and tokens.

4. Learn painting techniques from other bloggers.

Those are my main goals, mainly getting 100% painted. I have rarely ever gotten a fully painted army to the standard at which I am happy. My first army I want fully painted will be my Trollbloods. They are very close to being 100% painted for my 50 point Madrak army (which is my main army). I think I only have about 5 or 6 models left that need painting, so I will post my progress up here for all to see. After that I will paint my Infinity army. Considering I only have 7 models it shouldn't be too difficult, but I plan on taking about a week on each model so that I can paint it as my best work yet. After that I don't have any definite plans, although I do paint my Orks from time to time because they are pretty fun to paint.

Other than that I will also be posting some musings on gaming, such as observations of the industry or tactics within a certain faction or army. I want to post my current army lists for each build I use to show others a thing or two on how I operate my armies.

Not a very organized first post, but I haven't even added any friends or started following yet, so no big loss there... trust me, it will get better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment