Follow by Email

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

More Work On Terrain!


Man I've been getting work done!

So last night I kept going on getting the table ready. Before I did I wanted to see how much coverage I had done so far, so above you'll see a random layout I set up. I didn't set it up for gaming so to speak as it would probably be a bit more spread out and not concentrated on the center so much, and I'll also probably keep the green building in the back out of the set up.

I then took the Garden of Morr stuff that still needed to be painted out for priming and should have them ready to get started on Thursday or Friday.


I decided to put some finishing touches on the buildings and added in the Dreadstone Blight piece from GW. I'm only working on getting these up to tabletop standard, so for the buildings I painted the spires and doors.


I started off with a rough base coat of P3 Brass on all the spires, then hastily drybrushed with P3 Metal. I then heavily washed them with GW Agrax Earthshade. Quick and dirty, it gets the job done.

I also based the doors with P3 Sanguine base and heavily washed it with Agrax Earthshade. Not done by a mile, but good enough for Saturday.


I then decided to finish up the Dreadstone Blight terrain up to tabletop standard. I decided that painting the wood and skulls should get it up to snuff quickly enough. I basecoated the wood and skulls with VGC Opaque Heavy Brown, then highlighted it by adding in VMC Dark Sand and again with mostly just Dark Sand. Then I heavily washed the wood with GW Agrax Earthshade and picked out spots with GW Nuln Oil wash.

That's where I'm at so far. It's tough for me to stop working on something when it's not exactly up to my usual standard, but it's been really successful for me to just get something done in a fast manner. More pics to come as more progress is made!